Camping is a way to live off-grid for days or weeks just to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. You can do camping locally within the state by taking your family to national parks and famous campgrounds. You can search Google Map for a remote location for your camping or caravan hangover. There are tons of places, parks, resorts, and picnic points that you can choose for your camping endeavors, fun, and entertainment, either alone or with family.
A lot of families have started to turn their backyards into camping spots because of limited access to many public places and campgrounds after the covid 19. It’s just that you may have plenty of time to spend with your loved ones, family members, and friends, if camping is what you guys love doing the most then turning the backyard into a campsite would be a great idea. However, whatever the spot you choose, make sure that there’s a place to eat food, a spot to set up a test, and a bathroom with running water for everyone to use.
Now the question is what do you need to go camping. To do camping, you need to make a checklist of all the items that you’d be needing for the time you’ll spend on the campsite.
Firstly, Camping is not complete with a tent for 2 or 8 eight people. I would recommend you to buy a small-sized tent for each one going on the trip instead of a large-sized tent. A small tent is fairly easy to set up and disassemble.
- Tent and Mosquito Net
- Sleeping bags, pads, and pillows
- Lamp and flashlight
- Extra batteries for gadgets
- A folding camping table with chairs
- Mantles, first aid kit, and tent gears
- If you would be spending quite a lot of time out there, you would consider adding the following accessories:
- Tarp and shade to cover the picnic table or campsite
- Hammock, cots, and sleeping liners
- Logs and firewoods (you can find a place to get fire logs, of course, you cannot pack them and take them with you)
- Cloth line, disposable plates, glass, spoons
- Water cooler
- Nonstick cooking utensils
- Snacks and condiments (just in case you plan to barbecue)
Items and Accessories:
Since you are going to set the tent up, you might need extra tools to do the timely repairs out there. In case of failing to set up the tent, you don’t want to stand there and wait for help, so always bring tent repairing accessories with you.
- Duct tape and cords
- Repair sleeves for tents
- Hammer for nailing
- Repair sleeve for tent pole
- Ax or hammer for cutting the logs for bonfire or cooking
Cooking and Kitchen Accessories:
There’s nothing more exciting than having a chance to cook food during camping. Just bring some marinated broast, wings, and food with you to the campsite. If you grill it outdoors, it’s going to taste very luscious and even better than the regular barbecue you do at your home.
If you are planning to do a lot of cooking out there, then here are some accessories you will need
- Gas or Butane stove with enough fuel ( bring additional container)
- Firestarter such as a lighter or box of matches
- Coffee and tea maker
- Frying pans and food warmer
- Straws, can, and bottle opener
- Cutting board with small-sized knives
- Substitutes for ice
- Wash bins and clean tissue rolls and rugs
- Biodegradable soap
- Grill with fuel and rack
- Small storage container for leftover food
- Water jug
- Storage container for storing kitchen gears
You do not want to be lost out there in the middle of nowhere if you have chosen to do camping at a remote location. In other words, You must take essentials with you to make your trip easy and smooth.
- Map, Compass, GPS, Tracker
- Portable solar panel if you are doing camping in a Campervan, caravan, Motorhome, or camping bus
- Binoculars, notebook with pen for scheduling the day
- Night-sky identifier
- Dry bags for storing items
If the location you have chosen for camping is near public places, you can easily get signals on your carrier phone from the service. Install Google Map to get proper directions when you are family. Take a GPS tracker with you and link it with an online service so your last location could be tracked easily as well.
You need a lot of different clothing items out there during the camping, so depending on the weather condition you need to make your list wisely. However, here are the accessories you might need there.
- Vest and jacket
- Moisture soaking underwear and socks
- Moisture-wicking clothes T-shirts and vests
- Quick-drying trousers and shorts
- Light-weight blazers and jackets
- Boots with padding according to terrain
- Sleeping Wears and accessories
- Raincoat (additional and optional)
- Gloves with a warm hat
- Warm indoor slippers for winter
- Camp booties
Hygiene and Cleaning:
Since you are going to use the toilet out there, you will need some accessories for that as well. Additionally, you need to do dishes out there and keep your surroundings clean by taking proper care of personal hygiene. In addition, below are the accessories you need for such endeavors.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaner
- Toothbrush with toothpaste and mouthwash
- Quick-drying towels and rugs
- Toilet papers
- Menstrual accessories and products
- Toiletry kit