Beauty is not about good looks alone. It is an ensemble of looks health, tone, and texture of the skin. Beautiful eyes make a face appear attractive. They say that eyes have the power to reveal the truth behind a person’s thoughts. It is difficult to hide your emotions because eyes can emote it just the right way. Dark circles around the eyes take away the beauty of the eyes and make the person appear older than his/her age. However, The condition is common among men and women. Several reasons are responsible for the cause of dark circles.
Causes of Dark Circles
Undoubtedly, age is one of the main reasons behind the cause of dark circles around the eyes. The aging skin tends to lose collagen and fat under the eyes. It leads to thinning the skin, and dark blood cells under the eye become more visible.
Secondly, A good night’s sleep is irreplaceable. No cosmetic cream can match the level of comfort that good sleep can give to the eyes. At least 6-8 hours of sleep is required to keep dark circles away.
Stress is one of the common factors responsible for several health issues, and dark circles are also aggravated when stress envelopes the human body.
Technology has familiarized humans with different gadgets like computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Moreover, the pandemic has increased the dependency on such devices due to the heightened online activities. The higher the exposure to the screen is, the more tired and strenuous the eyes become, leading to dark circles.
A persistent cold results in nasal congestion, which becomes a cause of vein dilation under the eyes, creating dark circles.
Often genes become the reason behind several health ailments. Even dark circles can be genetic. If your parents or grandparents have faced the same problem, your chances of having it are higher. This condition is also known as Periorbital Hyperpigmentation.
Overexposure to the Sun
Lastly, If you have high exposure to the Sun, the harmful UV rays take a toll on the skin. The body produces an excess of melanin consequently. Pigmentation around the eyes can also cause dark circles.
Treatment of Dark Circles
The list of home remedies for dark eye circles is impressive because the results are promising.
- Applying a cold compress helps to get rid of swelling and the dilation of veins around the eyes. Wrapping ice in a sheet and using it around the eyes helps eliminate tiredness and gives a refreshing feeling.
- Getting quality sleep can also help you to get rid of those dark patches around the eyes.
- Age-old therapy is the application of cucumber slices around the eyes to keep dark circles away.
- Grate potato juice and apply it around the eyes. Let it dry. After that, Rinse with clean water and tap the area dry. Practice it consistently for a few days to see the results. You can also mix the potato juice with aloe vera.
- The application of cold tea bags is another good remedy to keep dark circles away. The presence of caffeine and antioxidants in the tea helps in the promotion of blood circulation. Keep your eyes closed while applying the cold tea bags for 10-15 minutes.
- Buy an under-eye cream from the market that aims to clear the dark circles. Eye cream with ingredients like panthenol and glycerine can lock hydration and soothe the skin around the eyes.
- Creams with yeast extract reduce puffiness and brighten the area around the eyes.
- Gels and creams with Hyaluronic acid have the power to lift the sunken area under the eyes.
- Use vitamins for the skin. Even ingredients like Vitamin C and Kojic Acid in an eye cream have skin-brightening properties.
- Thinning of skin under the eyes can rectify with creams having Retinol. It has the power to lift the area around the eyes and increase cell turnover.
- Pigmentation can be removed to a permanent effect with medical treatment like Chemical peels.
- Derma fillers are done to boost skin density and hide pigmentation.
- Collagen stimulation can be done with the help of Microneedling.
- Laser surgery with the best dermatologist in Dubai enhances skin tightening and brightening
Taking expert advice for cosmetic and medical procedures is most recommended. However, grandma’s home remedies are free of chemicals and side effects. So, trying out the home remedies is an extra cushion that anyone can adopt in their lifestyle.