The human body is a natural radiator, which means that it can keep warm naturally with some additional measures. For instance, correct layers of bedding can keep you warm on a cold winter night. You won’t be shivering all night and your body would feel warm and cozy, which will offer a good night’s sleep.
However, if you sleep in a cold region, it may take longer than usual to keep your body warm and avoid shivering. Therefore, we have discussed a few ways of doing that. Read on to know how you can keep cozy on a cold winter night with a wool topper.
Ways To Stay Warm During Winters
When you are trying to get a good night’s sleep, increasing the temperature of the room might not be the only solution. Ideally, our body’s sensors think that it is time to sleep when the temperature decreases. If you increase the temperature of the room too much, then you can decrease the quality of your sleep. Hence, it is recommended to keep 60-67 Fahrenheit temperature in your room.
Here’s are some ways to stay warm in winters:
1. Heat Bedroom
There’s no point in heating your entire home during the night unless someone is sleeping in the hall or any other room. This would only increase the load on your heating unit, which would then become ineffective in heating your room properly. Therefore, it is logical to heat your bedroom. Try keeping the door closed as much as possible to keep the heat inside.
2. Use Wool Topper
A wool topper is an extra bedding element, which is placed on your mattress. It helps in securing your mattress and making your bed more comfortable and warm. Let’s see how:
- A wool topper is naturally regulating. In the summers, it keeps your body cold and in the winters, it keeps your body warm. You can use it all year long.
- Traditionally, wool is a soft material; more than cotton. So, a wool topper is soft against your body, which helps in relieving pressure points and chronic pain.
- If you are allergic to dust and dirt, then a wool topper can help you. It is naturally resistant to bugs and mold, which makes the topper hypoallergenic. This topper won’t trigger your allergies or make you feel uncomfortable at night.
- It is simpler to clean a wool topper. When compared to your mattress, you can clean your topper easily if there’s a spill or smell. Just take out the topper and sun-dry it. You can even get it dry cleaned or just use a mild soap to clean spots and spillages.
- If you purchase an organic wool topper, then it is biodegradable. This bedding element won’t end up harming the environment.
3. Layer Up
It is common to take just one warm comforter to keep yourself warm. However, a good idea is to use layers of comforters or blankets, so that you can create insulation layers in between. The air trapped between these layers conducts heat and helps you keep warm.
You can even try using thick or thin layers appropriately to help you generate that effect of insulation. With different types of layers, you can get the right warmth and coziness in your bed.
4. Warm Comforter
You can also purchase a warm comforter for the winter season. These are generally animal products or wool products. If your mind using animal products, you can purchase a warm comforter made of wool. It has a breathable fabric and it is more effective in trapping air for keeping you warm.
5. Heat Bedding
After lying on the bed for a few minutes, you can easily warm it. However, lying on a cold bed can be difficult for some people, and for many, just warming the bed with their body heat may not be enough. So, you can try and heat your bedding before getting under the sheets.
There are various ways of doing that:
- Heated mattress
- Electric blankets
- Heating the mattress and mattress pad manually with a heater or blow dryer
However, if you feel uncomfortable sleeping with wires, you can choose other ways, such as a warm mattress pad or a wool mattress to keep you warm and cozy at night.
6. Hot Water Bag
The last way is to take a hot water bag to bed. Heat some water and put it in the hot water bag. Keep this bag under your comforter with you. This will heat your bedding sooner and you can get a good night’s sleep without any hassle.
However, remember to purchase a good quality hot water bag, as you don’t want hot water spilling over you in the night.
There are multiple techniques to keep warm in winters. You can use a combination of ideas, such as a warm comforter and a wool topper. The warm comforter would help you sleep peacefully in winters and a wool topper is just right for any weather condition. It regulates body temperature, so you can use this topper even in summers.
Check the above tips and find the best way to keep yourself warm and comfortable in winters.